The Foundation’s beginnings can be traced to 1998 when Edgar and Jean Schulz established the Laura Schulz Memorial Scholarship Fund at Mercy Academy High School in Louisville, Ky. This endeavor grew to include all the descendants of Edmund F. and Helen Schulz and their families.
As their efforts increased, the family found it necessary to establish a foundation to better meet their objectives. The foundation was legally recognized as a charitable organization in 2005 and now proudly supports scholarships at Mercy Academy High School in Louisville, Ky. FTF also has funded educational opportunities through the Louisville Science Center and the Louisville Zoo, and has funded gifts at Oldham County High School and Trinity High School. To date, the family and foundation have distributed more than $200,000 in scholarships and awards to students and families in Kentucky and Indiana.
Family Tree Foundation Scholarships & Awards
- Mercy Academy High School Scholarship in Memory of Laura Schulz
- Mercy Academy High School Scholarship in Memory of Mary Jean Schulz
- Oldham County High School Scholarship in Memory of Edgar & Mary Jean Schulz
- Visually Impaired Pre-school Services Scholarship in Memory of Ed Nelson Junior
- 2 Electrical Clearing House Union Scholarships in Memory of Scott Hutti
- Male/Manual/Assumption/Mercy High School Scholarship in Memory of Ashley Martinez
- Butler High School Scholarship in Memory of Michael Burden
- Trinity High School Scholarship in Memory of Robert Brewer (beginning 2017)
- Ballard/Assumption/Trinity High School Scholarship in Memory of Tony Byron (beginning 2018)
- Carpenter’s Union Scholarship in Memory of Tony Hutti (beginning 2018)
FTF 2009 Donation for Diabetes
Pure Elation, Excitement, Tears of Joy, Phone Hugs and Kisses and Happiness! That was the result of my contact with Ms Moore at Bloom School who is Chair of the Annual Fundraiser for Kosair Children’s Hospital Diabetes Education and Research (Kids for Kids Drive) that the Family Tree Foundation is donating $2000.00 to this year as per Board approval. We are invited to the whole school assembly on May 28 at 10 AM to present the check.In attendance will be Muhammad Ali, Mary T and other
Olympic Champions as that was also this year’s theme for the Drive. Mindy put that on your calendar to sit at the head table with me.
Moments after that call, Ms Lennie Meyer from the Kosair Charities Foundation called to express Thanks and Gratitude for the Gift as well as Champion Ms Moore for her hard work(she too has diabetes). Great Job Family Tree Foundation for all your hard work and efforts in Fundraising to help those less fortunate than us!!